Spring Cleaning for Your Computer?
What Does a Clean Up Encompass?
- Virus, Malware, Spyware Scans– We run scans behind your antivirus, to see if you have any unwanted malware running, and the majority of the time we DO find malicious software. Malicious software can include Potentially Unwanted Programs or “PUPS” which you may not have realized were being installed with other software.
- Have you noticed your homepage in your web browser has changed to a different website?
- Do you have toolbar’s installed in your web browser that you don’t use?
- Are you experiencing strange behavior in your web browser?
- Shut off programs that don’t need to run– Almost every program that’s installed tries to start-up with the system. We will leave on only the programs that need to run which will free up system resources.
- Have you noticed that your computer is taking a lot longer to startup or boot up than it use to?
- Do you have programs loading when the computer turns on that you don’t frequently use such as iTunes, Dropbox, Skype, OneDrive, Google Drive or iCloud?
- Delete temporary files – We will remove temporary internet files that are stored on your hard drive every time you surf the web. These files take up space on your hard drive and need to be manually deleted.
- Do you want to delete unused files on your computer that are taking up storage space?
- Do you want to ensure that you are loading the most current version of websites when browsing the internet?
- Hard drive optimization / Health Check– We will defragment your hard drive which will improve the read and write speed of your hard drive. It will re-organize the files on your drive so they can be accessed more quickly and in some cases will free up unused space. We will check the health of your hard drive and do a disk error check to check for corrupt sectors on your hard drive.
- Do you notice that your hard drive activity light is solid or constantly busy?
- Does your computer freeze or have you experienced a significant loss of speed?
- Recommend Upgrades – When we go through your system we may recommend certain upgrades that will help your computer run for longer, and more efficiently. (For example we may recommend upgrading to an SSD hard drive, or perhaps upgrade your RAM, for better performance).
- Windows Updates– Your computer should keep current with all Windows update to minimize security risks. We will download and install all of the updates and ensure that your system installs all updates successfully.
- Does your computer constantly fail when installing windows updates?
- Does your computer do updates and then blue screen?
- Registry Cleaning– We will clean your registry with tools that you can trust and delete entries remaining from uninstalled programs. This can speed up the computer because it won’t be trying to load programs or files that are non-existent.
- Are you receiving pop-up errors from Windows when you turn your computer on or login to your user account?
- Do you have other registry cleaners or tune up utilities on your computer? Many of them do more harm than good we will let you know if your software could be harming your computer.
- Physical cleaning– Last, but certainly not least, we will blow your desktop computer out with compressed air to ensure that dust doesn’t cause over-heating issues. We will also clean your laptop screen and blow off your keyboard as well as any accessible air vents.
- Has the inside of your desktop computer ever been cleaned of dust and debris?
- Do your computer fans appear restricted or does your computer radiate more heat than you feel it should?
Bring your computer In-Store for 10% off labor costs! (Our Office is located at : 3767 Karicio Ln Suite D, Prescott, AZ 86303.)