iPhone Users: Upgrade to iOS 10.3.3
Who Is iOS 10.3.3 Upgrade For?
iOS 10.3.3 upgrade is expected to be the final iOS 10 release and like its predecessors is compatible with the iPhone 5 or later, iPad 4 or later and the 6th generation iPod touch or later. The standout is a patch for a serious vulnerability dubbed ‘Broadpwn’ which allows hackers to remotely control smartphones.
Here are just a few impacts the update fixes:
- Impact: A remote attacker may be able to cause unexpected application termination or arbitrary code execution.
- Impact: Processing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to arbitrary code execution.
- Impact: A remote attacker may cause an unexpected application termination.
- Impact: Notifications may appear on the lock screen when disabled.
- Impact: Visiting a malicious website may lead to address bar spoofing
Apple iOS 10.3.3 upgrade may be small but it is important. The security fixes are serious and it introduces no major new bugs, at least none which have so far proved to be more than isolated incidents. The flipside is iOS 10.3.3 lets rather too many bugs go, especially if it is (as expected) the final release of iOS 10.
Here at The PC Works we can help you with your Mac/Apple products. Call us today at 928-775-5475 or 928-445-6700!